Getting Acquainted with Home Health Care
What is Home Health?
Jewish Home Care Services – a home health program of the Los Angeles Jewish Home – is a full suite of doctor-prescribed restorative services completed in the individual’s home. Medical care, social services, and more are provided according to a personalized plan of care jointly developed by the referring physician, the person receiving care, the caregiver, and others.
What services does Home Health provide?
- Skilled nursing
- Physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation therapies
- Medication infusion
- Pain management
- Wound care
- Home safety assistance
Who needs Home Health?
- Adults over 19 years of age in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Adults who have health problems and need careful monitoring and the support of medical professionals in the comfort of their own home.
- Adults who can learn how to better manage and monitor their conditions, preventing future hospitalizations.
- Adults who will benefit from therapy services to improve their strength and overall health so they can safely navigate their environment.
- Patients who are returning home after surgery and need care, training, or assistance with health conditions, medications, and therapy.
- Patients who have complex treatments that require the use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring.
- Patients who are recovering from accidents or injuries, and whose caregiver could manage their care when educated by a professional home health staff.
- Patients and caregivers who want peace of mind knowing that an experienced healthcare worker will be there when needed.
- Patients who are under the care of a physician who determines the medical necessity of the care and the provision of service by a skilled nurse and/or therapist.
- Millions of Americans with acute, chronic, or exacerbated diseases, conditions, and disabilities, such as Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, heart failure, stroke, kidney disease, respiratory disease and lung conditions, diabetes, or musculoskeletal conditions, such as arthritis.
How can I get Home Health care?
For more information about Jewish Home Care Services, please contact Karine Keshishyan, Home Health Administrator, 818.655.0411, or Karine.Keshishyan@jha.org.